The Roll Model® Method Teacher Training Weekend at ALIGN
Distinguish your teaching of self-care through self-massage for every client and context with the Roll Model® Method Training Immersion at ALIGN, 2023 Vermont Ave NW Washington DC 20001 on January 18-19, 2020. Enrollment will be limited to only 15 students.
Taught by Alison Pignolet, these trainings empower you to teach and personally adopt simple and effective self-myofascial release regimens using Yoga Tune Up®/Roll Model® Method Therapy Balls. You will learn how to incorporate RMM/YTU Therapy Ball sequences into your teaching toolkit by introducing embodied anatomy concepts to your students or clients.
Roll Model® Therapy Balls (including the original Yoga Tune Up® Therapy Balls) are a soft-tissue conditioning tool that can be used as an adjunct offering within yoga, personal training, group fitness, Pilates, corporate wellness, dance, massage therapy, clinical or mental health settings, including children and special populations. These on–the–go balls improve body coordination, reduce pain and improve movement. This course will enable you to immediately add these techniques to your teaching.
Day 1 – The Science of Rolling, 8 hours
Saturday, Jan. 18, 10:30am-6:30pm
Self-massage is a fundamental practice for fostering internal anatomical listening skills and enhancing embodiment. Day 1 introduces the science of how and why self-massage using the Roll Model® Method works and offers the latest on fascial research, pain science, and therapy ball applications for multiple populations. You will learn techniques to:
- Skillfully lead classes through 6 step-by-step, proven, whole-body sequences—approved by physical therapists, pain medicine specialists, and chiropractors—that can affect positive changes in the rotator cuff, upper back, lower back, neck, jaw, hips, IT band and feet.
- Maintain your body and prevent injuries using self-care strategies with the original Yoga Tune Up® Therapy Balls.
- Identify bony landmarks, muscular attachments, and fascia geography to enhance your teaching and personal daily practice.
- Deepen your understanding of pain physiology and how the Therapy Balls can help alleviate pain.
Day 2 – Ball Sequencing and Innovation, 8 hours
Sunday, Jan. 19, 9am-5pm
Today we learn a wide variety of soft-tissue self-care solutions for every client and condition utilizing all four different sized Roll Model® Therapy Balls. You will refine your teaching skills and learn to effortlessly craft innovative moves and sequences to differentiate your teaching for any individual or community.
- Explore self-myofascial release in areas of your body frequently over-used, like the hands and knees, or completely ignored like the diaphragm and pelvic floor. We will practice 6 sequences (different ones than in Science of Rolling).
- Improve classroom demonstration of Therapy Ball techniques and trouble-shoot classroom pitfalls and challenges when presenting to beginners or more experienced students.
- Learn the art of crafting test/retest scenarios to provide instant feedback of improved function or reduced pain.
- Refine your anatomical fluency of bony landmarks, muscular attachments, and the fascial seam-system through experiential mapping strategies
The Roll Model Method® Training Immersion is open to all levels of student/educator/clinician. There is no pre-requisite to attend except an interest in diving deep into the techniques and logic of rolling, why it works and how to share it with others.
Upon completion of this training you will be able to skillfully incorporate RMM balls and techniques into your teaching. See below for information on the Roll Model Method® Practitioner certification.
Tuition is $585. Early birds (Dec. 29 deadline) pay $535. Yoga Tune Up® Teachers receive an additional discount of $50.
Registration includes the Roll Model® Method Starter Kit – a set of original balls, Plus balls, one Alpha ball and a Coregeous ball in a drawstring tote, online access to a DVD of the six sequences you will learn on Day 1 and a coupon code for $50 toward the Roll Model® Method Correspondence Course.
Have you already taken one of these trainings?
Tune Up Fitness Worldwide has recently changed the format of the Roll Model® Method Trainings. We no longer offer single day enrollment. But if you have already taken one of the days and wish to take the other, you may sign up for just one day. Contact Alison@yogageauga.com for more information.
REQUIRED REFERENCE MATERIALS:
Trail Guide to the Body by Andrew Biel
The Roll Model: A Step-by-Step Guide to Erase Pain, Improve Mobility, and Live Better in Your Body by Jill Miller
RECOMMENDED REFERENCE MATERIALS:
Fascia: Function, Physiology, and Application Webinar
Fascia: What It Is And Why It Matters by David Lesondak
Note: CEC credits are available with the following professional organizations: ACE, ACSM, AFAA, NASM as well as Yoga Alliance
Become a leader in the self-care fitness revolution! Ready to Roll??? Register here.
Cancellations and refunds – full refund less $25 administration fee if cancellation received 3 weeks prior to the event. 50% refund if cancelled within 3 weeks (or apply your enrollment to a future event). Cancellations within 24 hours – we will be happy to apply your enrollment to a future event.
Becoming a Certified Roll Model® Method Practitioner
While certification is not required to incorporate the therapy balls and techniques into your teaching/coaching tool box, if you want to use the Roll Model® name and branding in your class titles and descriptions, be identified as a Roll Model® Method practitioner and be listed on the Tune Up Fitness website, you can continue on the certification path. To earn the certification, you will be required to: take the Roll Model® Method Teacher Training Immersion and complete an online correspondence course and test based on the videos from Science of Rolling and The Roll Model® Method book. As a certified Roll Model® Method Practitioner you will be recognized as having gone through the proper educational training and hands on skill drills and proven to understand and apply all the core fundamentals of The Roll Model® Method.
For more information visit Tune Up Fitness Worldwide.