Yoga Tune Up®: Shoulder Immersion Livestream
Focus on the functional anatomy and dynamic embodiment of your shoulders, arms, wrists, hands, head and neck in 5 livestreaming modules over two weekends.
We will be meeting via Zoom on Friday Sept. 10 from 5-8 Central Time, (6-9 Eastern, 3-6 Pacific), Saturday & Sunday, Sept. 11-12 from 1-4 and Saturday/Sunday Sept. 18-19 from 1-4 Central, (2-5 Eastern, 11-2 Pacific). Taught by Laurie Streff with assistance from Alison Pignolet. Livestream will be in REAL TIME only. Playback options and delayed viewing are not available. One-on-One sessions may be arranged, please inquire if needed.
What do you learn?
Fill your tool-kit with experiential anatomy practices and self care strategies to heighten your understanding of the upper torso and its limbs. Improve strength, mobility and integrated body awareness. Master the multiple simple and complex articulations of the upper body to improve posture and performance while reducing pain.
- You’ll be guided through a variety of observation and assessment techniques that can be used in-person or when teaching online. In this context we will discuss various injury scenarios.
- In true Yoga Tune Up® style we will learn some novel shoulder movements (and the theory behind them) for you to enhance your in-class teaching or personal practice.
- An essential component of healthy movement is the ability to come into a relaxed state and become aware of how your body IS in stillness and movement. To that end we will practice some body meditation and relaxation techniques.
- There will be several performance-focused workshops that incorporate both self-massage techniques using a variety of Roll Model® Therapy Balls and movement-based sessions loaded with out-of-the box moves.
This Shoulders Immersion Training course is appropriate for students and movement educators who wish to deepen their knowledge and somatic understanding of the human body.
Will There be Balls?
Will there be balls? It’s a Yoga Tune Up® training – of course there are balls! At a minimum we recommend you have a set of Therapy Balls in a tote and a Coregeous Ball.
If you don’t have any balls yet, you can order them directly from Tune Up Fitness.
What Do I Need to Livestream?
You should set yourself up in a space where you have your streaming device, good internet, room to move and no distractions. You will probably want a yoga mat. In addition to balls, you will need two blocks, a strap and a yoga blanket (or a beach towel).
Recommended Reference Materials:
Trail Guide to the Body by Andrew Biel – You will NEED an anatomy reference. We use and refer to this because we think it’s the best!
The Roll Model: A Step-by-Step Guide to Erase Pain, Improve Mobility, and Live Better in Your Body by Jill Miller
Ready to sign up?
- LiveStream $465, Early Bird special – register by August 27 $425
- Yoga Tune Up® teachers receive a $50 discount
Cancellations and refunds – full refund less $45 administration fee if cancelled at least 24 hours before start of training.
About the Instructor
Laurie Streff is a C-IAYT certified Yoga Therapist, a Yoga Alliance continuing education provider and movement educator with over 25 years of fitness teaching, management, and teacher training experience. Passionate about creating learning spaces that are innovative, dynamic, and every-body friendly, it’s Laurie’s goal to inspire people to prioritize self-care through exploratory movement and restorative techniques. She is especially excited to share the self-care principles of Yoga Tune Up® and The Roll Model® Method which bring heightened awareness to what the body needs to operate at its very best. Laurie teaches a wide variety of movement classes at Equinox clubs and other facilities in the Chicago area, and also provides movement workshops, teacher trainings, and corporate wellness sessions nationwide.