Yoga Tune Up®: Integrated Embodied Anatomy Immersion – to be scheduled Fall, 2021
Learn anatomy from the inside-out. This comprehensive ONLINE learning module expertly guides you into your living tissues in a concrete and inspiring way.
We will be geeking out via Zoom
on Friday, September 10: 5-7pm CST, 6-8pm EST, 3-5pm PST, Saturday & Sunday, September 11-12 and Saturday & Sunday September 18-19: 1-4pm CST, 2-5pm EST, 11am-2pm PST each day for the best anatomy training out there. Taught by Laurie Streff with assistance from Alison Pignolet. Livestream will be in REAL TIME only. Playback options are not available.
What do you learn?
- The unique Yoga Tune Up® Training approach not only helps you to embody anatomy, but our educational methodology drastically improves any students’ retention of the clinical language of anatomy in a completely accessible and fun way.
- Directly experience the interplay of the many systems of the body, learn to make their complexity relatable and tangible for your students.
- Explore specific anatomical structures, physiological processes, and typical movement patterns and pathologies. Then learn how the multiple layers of the body relate and function as a whole.
- Dynamic movement, combined with video, 3-D models, palpation, and self-massage techniques using Roll Model® Method Therapy Balls, invite you to traverse the muscles, joints, bones and fascia and their interrelatedness to breath, circulation, immunity, injury and newfound functional movement patterns.
- The Integrated Embodied Anatomy curriculum is suitable for yogis of all levels, but also ideal for any movement professional who desires to sharpen their ability to perceive within themselves as well as correctly locate in others, the vital structural landmarks and meaningful continuities of the body within any yoga or fitness practice.
- Make anatomy relevant to you, and your students will follow!
Will There be Balls?
Will there be balls? It’s a Yoga Tune Up® training – of course there are balls! This is a BYOB event. At a minimum we recommend you have a set of Therapy Balls in a tote and a Coregeous Ball.
If you don’t have any balls yet (or just want more!), be sure to register by March 19 to receive your Early Bird BONUS BALLS! Or you can order them directly from Tune Up Fitness.
Recommended Reference Materials:
Trail Guide to the Body by Andrew Biel – You will NEED an anatomy reference. We use and refer to this because we think it’s the best!
The Roll Model: A Step-by-Step Guide to Erase Pain, Improve Mobility, and Live Better in Your Body by Jill Miller
Understanding Fascia and the Benefits of Myofascial Release by Heather Longoria
Other Suggested Reference Materials:
Fascia: Function, Physiology, and Application Webinar
Fascia: What It Is And Why It Matters by David Lesondak
- LiveStream $395
- Yoga Tune Up® teachers receive a $50 discount
Cancellations and refunds – full refund less $45 administration fee if cancelled at least 24 hours before start of training.
Ready to sign up?
About the Instructor
Laurie Streff is a C-IAYT certified Yoga Therapist, a Yoga Alliance continuing education provider and movement educator with over 25 years of fitness teaching, management, and teacher training experience. Passionate about creating learning spaces that are innovative, dynamic, and every-body friendly, it’s Laurie’s goal to inspire people to prioritize self-care through exploratory movement and restorative techniques. She is especially excited to share the self-care principles of Yoga Tune Up® and The Roll Model® Method which bring heightened awareness to what the body needs to operate at its very best. Laurie teaches a wide variety of movement classes at Equinox clubs and other facilities in the Chicago area, and also provides movement workshops, teacher trainings, and corporate wellness sessions nationwide.